Prospects for the Development of Dictionaries of Geological Terms and Their Features
Scientific terminology is one of the important layers that replenish the vocabulary of the Uzbek and other languages. When compiling scientific and technical terminological dictionaries, it is necessary to pay attention to its practical orientation. When translating an English term into Uzbek or Russian, one or more of its meanings are given. By location, the main word (by meaning) is given as the first word. The article defines and deals with analyzing some types of dictionaries. Dictionaries of geological terms are analyzed properly; their structure is also briefly described. As well as practical recommendations are given for teachers and lexicographers of the geological direction on working with a dictionary and on compiling a dictionary.
2. Akhmedov O.S., Khudoyqulova D.Q. Diachronic Study of Pharmaceutical Terms. Journal of Critical Reviews. Vol 7, Issue 12, 2020. p.117-119.
3. Akhmedov O.S., B.T.Turdikulova. Translating Methods of English Geological Terms and The Problem of Computer Lexicography. International Journal on Integrated Education. Volume 4, Issue 4, April 2021.
4. Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan.“On additional measures to actively attract investment in the field of geology, the transformation of enterprises in the industry and the expansion of the mineral resource base of the Republic.” https://lex.uz/docs/5383715
5. Gerd, A.S. Osnovy nauchno-tehnicheskoy lexikografii / A.S.Gerd. - L .: Leningrad University Press, 1986. - 72s.
6. Dostmuhammedov J. English - Uzbek - Russian Dictionary of Economic Terms / J. Dostmuhammedov. - T .: Uzbekistan, 1994.
7. Eshboev, R.E. Fundamentals of geology, geomorphology and soil science / R.E. Eshboev. - T., 2002. - 111 p.
8. Isaxodjaev B.A, Umarxodjaev M.U, Adilov A.A, Pirnaearov M.M, Azimov A.M. Russian-Uzbek dictionary of geological terms. Volume 1 A-L. / B.A.Isahodjaev and b. - Tashkent: MRI, 2007. P 154 .
9. Kukasova D.G. Strukturno-semanticheskiy analiz terminov neftegazopromyslovoy geologii v russkom i angliyskom yazykax. Diss… k.filol.n. - Ufa, 2019. - 267 p.
10. Nemkov G.I., Karskiy B.E., Lin N.G. Kratkiy geologicheskiy slovar dlya shkolnikov / G.I.Nemkov i dr. - M.: Nedra, 1989. - 175 p.
11. Russian-English mountain dictionary. Uchebnoe posobie / Sost. V.A. Stukalo. - Donetsk: DonNTU, 2012. - 149 p.
12. Glossary of terms in general geology: uchebnoe posobie / sost .: M.I. Shaminova, A.Yu. Falk. - Tomsk: Izd-vo Tomskogo politexnicheskogo universiteta, 2014 - 72 p.
13. Glossary geological terms and concepts. Compiled by: prof. Parnachev V.P., prof. Vyltsan I.A., prof. Tanzybaev M.G., prof. Rudoy A.N., inj. Kotelnikova I.V. 1-izd. - Tomsk, 1992. - 60 p. 2-izd. - Tomsk, 1995. - 83 p.
14. Timofeev P.P, Alekseev M.N, Sofiano T.A. Anglo-Russian geological dictionary / P.P.Timofeev et al. - M., 1988. 540 p.
15. English-Uzbek dictionary. 75,000 words. // [electronic resource] URL: book.uz › 75000soz
16. Inglizcha - o‘zbekcha lug‘at / English-uzbek dictionary. Compiled by: U.Isakov // [electronic resource] URL : kitobxon.com › O'zb › kitob / ingilis_ ozbekcha ...
17. New book׃ “Uzbek-English Comprehensive Dictionary” // [electronic resource] URL: worldnoma.com › 2009/02/10 / lighat /
18. ziyouz.uz › Library › Ziyouz.com library › References
Copyright (c) 2022 Barno Toirkulovna Turdikulova, Oybek Saporbaevich Akhmedov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright for this article is retained by the author(s), with first publication rights granted to the journal. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).